January 3, 2012

What we’ve been up to

Category: Baby Milestones

The last few days have gone by so quickly that I struggle to keep up with the things we have been up to leading to New Year.

The last 48 hours of 2011 has not been all that eventful, but somehow, everything had seemed like a mad rush. Usually, by the last week of the year, I would be clearing my annual leave, which means I would have ample time to amble my way through the week in slow motion. Unfortunately, I have none of that in Dec 2011 as I had to barrel through the never-ending pile of “urgent” work that needed to get done.

While there were a couple of public holidays accorded to us, I was quite bummed to have to waste it on my being out of commission for 2 unexpected solid days of not being able to do anything as I was a little under the weather. That had also meant me delaying my plans to cook a feast on New Year’s Eve like what I usually did in the last few years.

This time round, I only had time to make a pathetic one-dish meal of Mee Siam for dinner on New Year’s Eve. The turkey only made it into the oven at 7pm – which meant that it was only ready after 10 pm! In fact, if it weren’t for Silver Bullet, I don’t think I would be able to get the turkey done in time for us to host lunch on New Year’s Day when we had plans to invite some friends over!

While making the turkey can be considered a joint-effort, the credit should really go to Silver Bullet this time as he tended to most of it as I was mostly out of commission to do just about anything. It was a struggle for me to keep myself awake till midnight to even welcome 2012 – how sad is that!

Although the Spiced Roast Turkey was not served in time for our usual New Year’s Eve meal, it turned out just as lovely to be served to the guests the next day.

It was a simple New Year’s Day lunch for Mommies and Tots Play-date session (we missed one other Mom this year), but it sure was fun to catch up with these Moms whom I have been friends with since our kids are still in our stomach almost 2 years ago!

We have had several play-dates before, and for some reason, I have yet to put up their pictures! The  other 2 girls are exactly 5 days apart from Spud (Spud is the youngest), and it is really amazing to see how much they have changed and see the difference in how they interacted when compared to months and months ago.

Given the excitement, apparently none of the girls cared for any naps in the afternoon.  We had to try several times before Spud finally went down for a 20 minutes nap, and I was glad that Spud behaved pretty well and was not at all too cranky. I think she enjoyed herself and it was such a joy to see these babies eating their hearts out! (Spud however, was the only one not too thrilled with the turkey – could be a texture thing)

One thing for sure though, it really has been hard trying to get the 3 girls together in 1 picture. I really should dig up those shots from the past one of these days to see how much they all have grown!

Posted by:    |    0 Comments


Privacy Preference Center

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?