Do you remember a sitcom back in the 1970s – 1980s called Happy Days? Actually, I could only recall it vaguely but I do remember the theme song very well:
Sunday, Monday, Happy Days
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days
Thursday, Friday Happy Days
The weekend comes, my cycle hums
Ready to race to youuuu
These days are ours…Happy and free..oh Happy Days.
These days are ours…Happy and free…”
That was the song that first played in my head when I learnt that one of my favourite Daddy Bloggers, Eric aka Stomper Dad of All in Dad’s Work has tagged me as one of the 5 bloggers who has made him very happy. Happy days, indeed! What a divine compliment to say to another blogger and for that, a huge thank you to Eric for such kind words.
Here are the rules. List:
Five things that make you happy.
Five songs that make you happy.
Five bloggers that make you happy and notify them of the nomination.
The five things that make me happy:
1. Spending quality family time without the distractions of everyday mundanes of chores, errands and work-related obligations. Must add coffee to the equation.
2. Makes me extra happy when the kids behave, listen and eat well as they rumble around with their relentless explosion of energy and seeing their faces light up with laughter over the silliest things. Must add coffee to the equation. Strong.
3. Food and food and creating magic in the kitchen to feed the family (and self of course). This is the only time when coffee takes a back-seat
4. Seeing them devouring the food that I have made, then asking for more or a repeat appearance for the next time, especially when I least expected that they remembered the last time I made! After-dinner coffee would be lovely, thank you.
5. Spud and Squirt can officially cycle on their bicycles now! Spud’s doing absolutely great on her bike and she’s riding it like she’s been doing it all her life. With Squirt, he managed to get it for the first time he was let go. All within the first minute and off he went. Just like that without side-wheels, much the surprise of his Papa!
Two days later, he is able to get started on his own. He has been riding around (almost) like a pro now and telling me that when he’s a bit older, he wants to “fly with the bike” (hmmm…I absolutely know what he means. Let’s just say I’m willing to keep an open mind).
I guess when it comes to riding, our job is done! Yippeeee. Gonna go get coffee now!
2 of the bloggers above have already been tagged by Eric (and possibly a hundred others too) and I’m compelled to include them on my list given that they are also one of my regular reads. I have absolutely enjoyed their writing (which makes me happy).
As for Danny, I know he doesn’t usually do things like this (he may also have been tagged by a thousand others as well) but he’s definitely is on my list for being an awesome and kind blogger. Plus, he recently asked the question if money would make people happy with lots of discussions going on about this. I thought it’s apt!
Don’t even question Jas and Gen as they both are my food inspiration de-facto and pushes me beyond happy with their will to indulge me.
Happiness all around and ready to race happy to you!