August 26, 2011

Death trap

Category: Thaism

A newsflash on a 20-year old Britain tourist who was electrocuted to death this morning sent shivers down my spine…

The thought that random, unsuspecting, innocent people likely to get electrocuted from a floor-mounted power sockets which was covered in water because of the rain scares the crap out of me. How anyone can take safety measures so lightly is beyond me.

Article on that can be found here.

I am being reminded once again of not only how fragile we are as a human being, but also a glaring fact as to how unsafe things can really get in and around Thailand. That being said, I don’t think being paranoid about safety in this country is a bad thing, especially when there is a small child around.

For me, paranoia about safety is totally acceptable here, and no, I don’t think I am over-reacting.

Posted by:    |    0 Comments


Privacy Preference Center

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?