Itchy-backside me recently decided that it was about time for another scrumptious meal and set my heart and mind out to make a batch of Roti Jala for our (mainly mine!) gastronomical pleasure.
I had actually featured this dish in my blog post quite a while back
, raving how on how good they can be.
It has also been quite sometime since I made these yellow-netted Asian styled pancakes fit to be devoured with either beef or chicken curry.
This is my comfort food. I forgot how good they can be.
Here’s the ingredients required to make Roti Jala:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fresh low fat milk*
- 1 cup evaporated milk*
- 1-2 tspn tumeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 drops of olive oil
- 1-2 cups of water to thin the batter (if necessary)
- Sift all purpose flour
- In a bowl, crack the eggs, add in the milk and a few drops of olive oil
- Slowly add in the flour and mix them well
- If too lumpy, strain them and mix them well until you get a thin batter like crepe like consistency – add water if necessary to thin it
- Heat up a flat plan and grease it with some oil
- Put some batter into the Roti Jala mould and move the cup in a circular motion onto the pan to get the lace-like pattern.
- Once it’s cooked, you can fold it into a rectangular or triangular shape.
- Serve it with curry and voila!You have got yourself a meal.
- There are recipe variations which use coconut milk. I prefer mine with just normal milk and combined with evaporated milk
Grubbs n Critters https://grubbsncritters.com/