Fish marinated in turmeric and then fried is a match made in heaven.
Actually, pretty much almost anything marinated in turmeric would taste pretty good. And, as long as you don’t use too much of it, you and your food would be good to go.
With some cut vegetables added to it, you ‘ll have yourself a nice, healthy one pot meal for the family to enjoy. This goes down well with kids, so don’t be afraid to get them to try it.
Turmeric Fish in Oyster Sauce
Healthy and flavourful serving of fish in oyster sauce, topped with a good dose of long beans for some fibre
- 2-4 slices of white fish
- 1 medium red shallots, sliced
- 1 cm of fresh ginger, sliced very thin
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tspn turmeric powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup of sliced long beans
- Half to 1 cup of water
- Rub turmeric powder and pinch of salt to slices of fresh fish and set aside
- Heat up about 3-4 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and add the fish.
- Fry until both sides are browned and remove from the pan
- Using the same oil in the pan, add in pressed garlic, ginger and onions. Saute for 1-2 minutes till the onions are translucent
- Add in oyster sauce and salt to taste. Mix well. Add water and let simmer
- Add in the beans and fry for about 3-5 minutes
- Move the beans to the side and put the fried fish back in
- Cover the fish with the beans, splash over with the sauce and lid it up for 3-5 minutes
- Turn off the heat
- Serve with rice
- Fish is usually cooked when it gets flaky. Top with small slices of chilli if you prefer a spicier version
Grubbs n Critters http://grubbsncritters.com/