That’s about to change because *drumroll*, I finally did it. I have finally, finally finished this post which has been in draft for the longest time for as long as I can remember, replicating the same questions Stomper Dad asked his kids from one of his earlier series.
One of the reasons this took so long was because the kids got bored with questions. Squirt was not responsive and Spud has the attention span of the goldfish. So I had to do it over time with Spud. Here’s the “interview”:
Child’s Name: Spud Age: 5+
1. What is something Mama always says to you?
I love you
2. What makes Mama happy?
3.What makes Mama sad?
4.How does Mama make you laugh?
Tickling me all over
5.What was Mama like as a child?
(silence) Talk a lot?
6.How old is Mama?
37 (Close! But I’m not 37 anymore…)
7. How tall is Mama?
5 (she did not specify the measurements…just “5”)
8. What is Mama’s favorite thing to do?
9. What does Mama do when you’re not here?
Works a lot
10.If Mama becomes famous what will it be for?
Hiking (I have no idea where she got that idea from!)
11.What is Mama really good at?
Baking yummy food
12. What is Mama not very good at?
Driving (Sigh! Disclaimer here: It’s not that I’m not very good at it because I’m a bad driver. The fact is that I cannot drive because I don’t have a driving license! Big difference.)
13. What is Mama’s job?
*Tap..tap..tap* on the computer all the time
14. What makes you proud of Mama?
She eats spicy things (I never knew the ability to eat spicy food is something to be proud of! Now I know!)
15. What is Mama’s favourite food?
Prata. (Oh yes! I love prata. Egg Prata to be exact.With curry. Amongst other things edible. Prata is an Indian Roti that looks like the picture below. Yum!)
16. What do you and Mama do together?
Chatting before going to bed
17. How are you and Mama the same?
*Grunts* We sit in the car. Same side! (We were in the car when I was asking her these questions and she was getting impatient with the questions)
18. If your Mama was a cartoon character who would he be?
*Grunts* Mama, I quit. No more questions
19. How are you and Mama different?
You are bigger and I’m smaller. You wear a necklace and I don’t have any. (kids are so literal, aren’t they!)
20. How do you know Mama loves you?
Because she kisses me and hugs me a lot.
21. What does Papa like best about Mama?
She helps do dishes. (What?!)
22. Where is Mama’s favorite place to go?
The swimming pool. Mama, that’s enough questions.
23. How old was Papa when you were born? Tired, Mama. No more questions. *Grunt*Grunt*
Spud has got no patience with the questions… still, she did OK for someone with such short attention span. Maybe I’ll see if I can try to annoy Squirt with some of the questions instead.