Baking has gotten into me and invaded my system lately, prompting my itchy backside to make some chocolate chip cookies as a form of stress therapy.
It must have been a good 3 years since I last baked my mom’s chocolate chip cookies, and I forgot how heavenly they could be. It was worth the exhaustion.
They turned out just slightly over-browned, just a tad, but they turned out well for a good dose of weekend and after-dinner indulgence.
Chocolate chip cookies
- 800g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz sugar
- 16 oz butter
- 2 tspn bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tspn cream of tar tar
- 2 tspn pure vanilla extract
- 2 packets of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Hershey’s)
- 1 and a half cup of cocoa powder
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tar tar, vanilla extract in a mixer and mix well.
- Add in cocoa powder, followed by chocolate chip cookies
- Lastly, add in flour bit by bit till you get a cookie dough
- Use a cutter in any shape you like
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in 180 degrees Celsius oven
Grubbs n Critters http://grubbsncritters.com/